This is the first page you will see. There is no insurance information required, but this is where the process starts.
- Following this screen will be a series of screening questions to determine the type of service that that you are interested in and assessments to measure your the severity of your symptoms.
If you are located in a state where Cerebral has active in-network insurance partnerships, you will see the below screen.
- The bracket will have the insurance plans in your area. Please choose "yes" on this screen if you have insurance (even if the company’s name is not listed in the bracket), if you would like to move forward with uploading your insurance information.
- If you chooses no, you will be moved to a cash plan.
You will then need to enter your address
- This address needs to match the address that you have on file with your insurance company. If you have moved and have not updated your address with your insurance company, you will need to contact your insurance company and update your address.
This is the screen where you will enter your visit insurance information.
- Insurance Provider - This is your insurance provider. You should choose their insurance company.
- If you insurance is not in the dropdown, please communicate this to your clinical coordinator or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and communicate that your insurance did not appear in the drop down menu.
- Special Considerations:
- Medicare: Do you have Medicare or Managed Medicare?
- Medicare: You will have a red, white, and blue card. If the card says “Part A Only” you do not have benefits that will cover our services.
- Medicare Numbers: As of 01/01/2020 Medicare changed member IDs from a SSN and the letter A to a new random series of numbers. If you are having a difficult time passing eligibility, please check if you have received your new Medicare number. If you have not received that new number, you will need to contact Medicare to receive your new member ID.
- Managed Medicare: You will have an insurance card that has a commercial insurance logo on it, such as Humana or UnitedHealthcare. For Managed Medicare, Cerebral must be in-network with the commercial payer to be in-network you to receive in-network services.
- For Example, if you have a medicare advantage plan through Blue Cross and Blue Shield, then we must be in-network with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of your state.
- Insurance Plan Subscriber - This dropdown is asking who subscribes to the insurance plan. This will be the person that purchases the insurance either through their work or the marketplace.
- If you choose anything other than self in the drop-down, you will see the below fields and will need to complete this information to continue.
- First Name - This is the first name yourself/the subscriber as it is on file with the insurance company.
- Last Name - This is last name yourself/the subscriber as it is on file with the insurance company.
- Names must match what is on file with the your insurance company. If you/the subscriber have had a name change and have not updated that information with your insurance company, you will need to either use your previous name or contact your insurance company to update your name before signing up.
- Date of Birth - This is your/the subscriber's DOB as it is on file with your insurance company.
- State - The state that you/the subscriber have listed as the residence on file with your insurance company.
- Membership/ Subscriber ID - This is not optional. Member IDs will look different depending on the insurance company.
- Group/ Plan ID (Optional) - This is optional as not everyone will have a group ID.
- Rx BIN (Required for med insurance/optional) - This is only needed if you are using your insurance for medication. If you have Medicare and don't have part D benefits on your card, you do not have Medicare Coverage.
This is the screen where you can upload images of your insurance cards. This is not currently required, but having the cards on file increases the likelihood that your insurance will be processed correctly and that you can receive aid in the future from your coordinator.
If you are in-network, you will receive this screen after entering your insurance information.
This screen will redirect you to continue signing up with your insurance; seeing this confirms that the you were successful in adding your insurance and are in-network.
You will receive this screen if you are out of network. This can happen if:
- We are not in-network with your insurance company or plan
- We do not have an in-network clinician available for the type of service that you are requesting
You will receive this screen if there is an error with the information that was entered. If you have attempted all of the troubleshooting measures above and you are still receiving this screen please communicate this to your clinical coordinator or email us at email@example.com.
If you received an in-network response and are redirected to complete your sign-up, you will see the following screen:
This will allow you to choose the plan that works best for your needs. If you are not seeing this please communicate this to your clinical coordinator or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.